(Heart Lake - Our Destination)
(Wes, Beth, Jen, and Joel)
Joel and I, went backpacking with our good friends Beth and Wes this last weekend. We hiked to Heart Lake in the LoLo National Forest in Montana. It is absolutely beautiful country. Joel and I have backpacked to this lake in the past and it was not so populated. There were tons more hikers and campers on this trip. Which is fine that others have found such a wonderful place to spend time outdoors, but it did limit our view of wildlife. Beth and I were fine without seeing any bears, but Joel was a little sad he did not see the heard of mountain goats that we have seen everytime in the past.
(Just hanging out at camp)
The weather was great - sunny and no rain. We got our favorite spot on the lake, which is secluded in the trees, with a great view of the lake.
(Joel making us a fire to keep warm)
(Joel and Wes coming back from a wood hunt)
(The girls - Jen and Beth - chattin around the fire)
(Going on a day hike - Absolutely gorgeous scenery)
We all had a great time. Joel and I are so grateful with have Wes and Beth to hang out with. We all share a lot of the same interests, and just enjoy each others company. Hopefully we can convince them to stay in the Spokane area. (We only wish all of our close friends and family could have joined us.)
(Looking down on Heart Lake from our day hike)
Great Hike, Great Weather, Great Company, and Great Conversations!
Who could ask for a better weekend!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Posted by Jen and Joel at 10:54 AM
Monday, July 21, 2008
Oh the joys of bathing suits. They always make your body look fabulous (NOT). Especially on Jen's skiing picture...Thunder Thighs to the rescue.
Anyway, Joel and I went skiing/wakeboarding this last weekend with Kathy (a lady I work with) and her family. We went to long lake outside of Spokane. The water and weather were perfect to ski. Joel and I both woke up the next day so sore though. Joel informed me it is because we are getting too old. Urgh!!
But it was fun - and we would both do it again!!
Posted by Jen and Joel at 12:44 PM
Friday, July 18, 2008
Posted by Jen and Joel at 1:43 PM
Posted by Jen and Joel at 8:38 AM
Friday, July 11, 2008
1.YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Rabbit Taurus
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Vanilla Ginger Snap
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) J-AND
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Green Monkey
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Michelle Dix
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first)
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) The Brown Apple
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Alfred Jerome
9. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy) Delicious Twix
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) Kim Francis
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Chamberlin Charlston
12. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Autumn Rose
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)
14. HIPPIE NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) Banana Palm
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, weather element+ Tour") The Hiking Thunderstorm Tour
Just try it...it's kind of fun...I got a few laughs out of it! :)
Posted by Jen and Joel at 9:26 AM
Thursday, July 10, 2008
All of Joel's brothers and sisters came to town for this independence day. Since there are so many kids in his family (8), this does not happen often. It was so nice to spend time with all of them. The weekend went by quickly, but I know that Joel cherished every minute that he got to spend with his siblings. The following two pictures are Joel and his siblings.
Everyone tickling Justin
Joel's brother John and his family stayed with us over the weekend. We all had so much fun. John has three beautiful children. It was definitly an eye opener to how crazy and busy our house will be when we have children. But the fun and laughter will surpass the stress of an unclean house I am sure.
One Friday (July 4th) we went to Joel's parents for a big family BBQ and fireworks. The weather was perfect and the food was great.
All of the kids, spouses , and grandkids
Shade, Erica, and Blaze - Born to Pose!
Joel sleeping with Lock - Looks like some great sleep!
Shade enjoying the food
Jen playing with Echo
Blaze and her sparkler
Shade and her sparkler
Erica enjoying the fireworks
This holiday weekend was great. We had wonderful company, loads of fun, and tons of laughter.
Posted by Jen and Joel at 10:42 AM